Almond Mylk Chia Pudding
This dish makes an excellent energy sustaining breakfast for children and adults alike and is nutritionally dense while balancing blood sugar and allowing a slow release of energy for hours.
- 2 cups of almond mylk
- 6 dates (these can be soaking in the almond mylk in order to soften them)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon kelp
- 6 – 8 drops of Berry Stevia (or other flavour of your choice)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of raw cacao powder (optional and be prepared to increase the sweetener since cacao is bitter)
- Blend all of the above ingredients together in a blender until completely smooth.
- Into a container add 1/3 of a cup of raw chia seeds and then over the top of the seeds pour the vanilla mylk mixture from above.
- Stir well and allow to sit minimum of 12 hours or for a couple of days in the fridge in order to thicken up.
- Serve up for breakfast over chopped up fruit, with dehydrated buckwheaties or have as a dessert with chocolate sauce.