Date Cashew Balls
- 2 C dates
- 2/3 C cashews (generous serving advised)
- coconut to roll
- 1/4 cup coconut + extra coconut for dipping
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- Grind cashews and set aside.
- Pulse/process the dates in a food processor until they are pulpy and mushy.
- (If you don’t have a good food processor, slightly steam dates and mash by hand.)
- Give the food processor a rest, then add cashews *and coconut and cocoa* (more/less to taste) until well mixed.
- Scoop teaspoonsful and roll into balls.
- Roll in coconut until well covered (i.e. no longer sticky)
Keep in fridge to avoid stickiness.
If you find them too sweet, try adding some roasted oats to the mix – about 2/3 cup works well.