Creamy Garlic and Leek Risotto
- fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- ¾ cup canned brown lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 ½ cups boiling water (or vegetable stock)
- ½ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups green beans, halved, steamed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add sliced leek and crushed garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add lentils and 2 cups water.
- Bring mixture to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir through rice.
- Gradually add boiling water or stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring until liquid has been absorbed, before adding the next ½ cup.
- Once all the water or stock has been absorbed, stir ricotta, beans, salt and chives through rice mixture.
- Serve garnished with extra chopped chives and grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe is courtesy of Sanitarium and they provide a Per Serve analysis:
Total fat: 5g
Saturated fat: 2g
For added colour and flavour, roasted vegetables can be added to this recipe