Lentil and Mushroom Flan
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Sanitarium So Good Soy Drink
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Place the flours, cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons of oil in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of So Good and pulse until the pastry forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200*.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Add the thyme, mushrooms and lentils and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining So Good.
- On a lightly floured board roll out the pastry into a 30cm round.
- Press into a 22 cm flan tin, top with baking paper and 1/2 cup of dry beans.
- Bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Remove the baking paper and beans, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the shell.
- Place the flan on a baking tray, pour in the egg mixture and bake for 35 minutes, or until set.
This recipe is courtesy of Sanitarium from The Bean Book.