Carroty Nut Loaf
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs (fresh)
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 free range egg or egg replacement (optional – works ok without any egg)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube (eg Rapunzel or Massels), dissolved in the boiling water
- Grind the peanuts to your taste in food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Mix with breadcrumbs, carrot and herbs. If mixture is too dry, add a little more water.
- Mix oil (and egg if using) and orange juice together, and add stock liquid. Add to peanut mixture.
- Mix well and place in a lined loaf tin and bake 180* for 30 minutes.