Hearty Holiday Nut Loaf
This nut loaf is a delicious homestyle centrepiece that’s easy to make. Serve it with mushroom gravy and roasted veggies. It freezes and reheats well, and makes great sandwiches.
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup gluten flour (or bread flour)
2/3 cup chopped Brazil nuts (or walnuts)
2 Tbs. wheat germ
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
1 cup water
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup water
parsley (optional – for garnish)
- Sauté the onion and celery until tender.
- Place in mixing bowl with gluten flour, nuts, and wheat germ; blend next five ingredients together until smooth, then add to mixing bowl.
- Rinse blender with last ½ cup water and then add to mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into 8″x 8″ baking dish lined with baking parchment or sprayed with non-stick spray; bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more; when cool, turn out onto platter; garnish with roasted vegetables and parsley (if desired) and serve with mushroom gravy.
Recipe courtesy of Meatout Mondays.