Sunflower Seed Roast
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup peanuts or almonds
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg replacer
- 2 tsp marmite dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Grind sunflower seeds and peanuts or almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor – leave either coarsely ground or finely ground depending on your preference.
- Sauté onion in the oil and add to ground nuts and seeds in a bowl along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well and then add wet ingredients. Mixture should be fairly wet.
- Place mixture in a greased/lined loaf tin and bake 45 mins at 180 C.
- Serve with gravy.