Bread Crusted Tofu
With Avocado & Potato Mash, Miso Parsnip Purée, Candied Aubergine Purée
- 640 g Tofu organic sliced (1cm thick)
- 50 g Miso paste
- 8 slices White bread
- 1 Large Aubergine
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 100 g Avocado
- 600 g Agria potatoes
- 20 ml Avocado oil
- 80 g Margarine
- 200 g Parsnip
- 5 g Cumin seed toasted
- 20 g Garlic
- 20 g Parsley
- 300 ml Vegetable stock
For the Aubergine Purée
- Peel the aubergine, cut in dices and mix with sugar, roast in oven till caramelised and puree. Season with salt as required.
- Marinate the tofu with miso paste, make garlic butter with garlic, butter and parsley.
- Spread the garlic butter on bread and stick it to the sliced tofu.
- Cut the edges of the bread and wrap the tofu with cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roast the parsnip with some olive oil and cumin seeds for 30 mins in a moderate oven.
- Puree when hot, add some margarine to bring to consistency.
- Season and set aside.
- Bake whole agria potatoes in moderate oven for 45 mins -1 hr, scoop out the soft potato and pass it through a mouli.
- Add avocado oil and avocado and mix.
- Sear the tofu with bread side. first and turn it on to other side and cook for roughly 2 minutes.
- Assemble on the plate and serve. Garnish with micro greens.
Recipes for Vegetarian Lifestyle Show - Hector’s Restaurant at Heritage Auckland - With Chefs Jinu Abraham and Leanne Boyes