Italian Tofu Balls
Vegan – Very Tasty
- 1 block of tofu (soft texture)
- 1 small onion cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 2 Tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Put the above ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Form into the shape of a small ball, then place on a greased oven tray and bake 3/4 hour at 200°C, turning over at half time.
- Makes approximately 16. They should be nicely browned when ready.
- Serve on a bed of cooked spaghetti. Optional – steam silverbeet and mix through the spaghetti.
- For a tomato sauce to pour over the balls and spaghetti, heat two cans of savoury tomatoes adding additional chopped onion if desired.
- Sprinkle the top with finely chopped parsley and serve it as a complete meal.