- 1 onion, grate or chop finely, or cut into quarters first if using blender
- 2 tsp marmite
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsps oregano
- 1 block soft tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats or breadcrumbs
- Place the first 7 ingredients listed above into a blender (ie exclude the rolled oats). (Alternatively mash tofu in a bowl and add then add ingredients as listed.) Mix well.
- Add in the rolled oats/ breadcrumbs.
- Allow it to stand to half an hour minimum which helps flavour to permeate, and helps mixture to firm up.
- Make into sausage shapes, dip into flour and fry over medium heat in fry pan with a little oil.
Tasty, easy to make, it sticks well together, and it is vegan. Buy your tofu from a Chinese grocers shop, health food store or supermarket. The soft variety of tofu works best.