Vegetarian “Meat” Loaf
Dairy and Egg Free
- substitute for 2 eggs (mix 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, 1 tablespoon flour, and 4 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 box medium firm silken tofu (350 g)
- 1 t onion flakes
- 1 t garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano and basil
- 2 t teaspoon sage
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 t dijon mustard (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients together and blend with a stick blender.
- Add walnuts & blend until smooth.
- Sauté vegetables until onions are transparent.
- Add herbs while vegetables are frying.
- Combine the tofu mixture, cooked vegetables and oats together in a large bowl.
- Press into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 180° C for 1 hour.
- Cool slightly and turn loaf out and slice.
- Serve with roast vegetables and a green vegetable or green salad
Recipe courtesy of LOVEIT! Food website