Broccoli & Cranberry Salad
- 3 heads of fresh broccoli, raw
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice/cider vinegar
- 1 cup creamy mayonnaise (“Best” is a tasty brand)
- 1 Tbsp sugar, optional
Before serving stir in the following:
½ cup slivered almonds, roasted
½ cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- Make this 24 hours before you require the salad.
- Chop the raw broccoli, spring onions and cranberries very finely. Place in serving bowl.
- Put dressing ingredients into a ‘shaker’ and mix well. If it is too thick, add a little more liquid.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, stir through, and refrigerate 24 hours, stirring from time to time. This allows the raw broccoli to soften.
- Immediately before serving, stir through the roasted slivered almonds and sunflower seeds.
The cranberries give a hint of Christmas! A great crunchy, tasty salad..
This recipe is from our Home Tried Favourites, available in our bookshop.