Risone Pasta Dish
Vegan. Serves 2, or 4 as a side dish
- 1 cup Risone pasta (dry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or sultanas
- 16 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 70g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- approx 2 tbsp oil
- Cook pasta as per instructions on packet, with added salt.
- Drain, rinse and put into serving bowl.
- Add the raisins, mint leaves, capsicum and carrot.
- Dry roast the pine nuts.
- Mix through the dressing. Stand to let flavours blend through, for a minimum of one hour.
From “Home Tried Favourites” published by the NZ Vegetarian Society and available in our bookshop