Russian Mushroom Stroganoff
- Rice bran oil
- Seasonal vegetables, eg pumpkin, carrot, capsicums, brussels sprouts, celery
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cubed tofu or white canned beans or other protein
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 tin coconut cream
- 2 tbsp raw sugar or honey
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- Heat the oil and thyme in an electric fryingpan.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-size pieces and stir fry.
- When nearly cooked, add mushrooms and tofu and keep stirring.
- Blend tomatoes, salt, coconut cream and sugar and add to vegetable mixture.
- Serve on brown rice.