Slow Roasted Baby Beets
Slow Roasted Baby Beets, with Caramelised Walnuts, Orange Segments, Vegan Parmesan, Olives, and Beet Paint
- 300gm Washed trimmed baby beets
- 2 Oranges
- 40gm Vegan parmesan
- 60gm Black olives
- Few sprigs of Chervil
- 5ml Sea salt
- Marinate the baby beets with oil, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove the skin when hot (optional).
- Dehydrate olives in a slow oven 80?C overnight. Chop.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven. Pour caramel on the walnuts and let cool.
- Peel oranges and take out the segments.
- Blitz some of the baby beets with vinegar and sugar syrup, season.
- Assemble the salad.
Recipes for Vegetarian Lifestyle Show - Hector’s Restaurant at Heritage Auckland - With Chefs Jinu Abraham and Leanne Boyes