Special K Loaf
This is a tasty, no-fuss loaf that is perfect for a special dinner. Surprise your vegetarian friends coming over or make it for your family for a meat-free night.
- 1 360g box Special K cereal, crushed
- 500g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts, roughly 110g
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until moist.
- Press into two greased 21x 11cm loaf tins or a square 21cm cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 45min – 1 hour until the centre feels firm when pressed.
- Cut into slices and serve with brown gravy or mushroom sauce with steamed vegetables and a large green salad.
Gluten-free option: use Cornflakes instead of Special K.
Recipe courtesy of LOVEIT! Food website