- 4 capsicums
- 3 to 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 -2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- approx 1 cup tomato-based sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375*. Stir-fry the vegetables, garlic and herbs until the carrot and celery begin to soften, then add the olives and quinoa and stir for another two minutes. Add the salt and cayenne, then remove from heat.
- Partially cook the peppers in a steamer.
- Fill the pepper halves with the quinoa mixture and place on a lightly greased or lined oven-proof dish. Top with the sauce and add enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cover loosely with tinfoil and bake until the peppers are tender, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.