Date Cashew Balls
If you find them too sweet, try adding some roasted oats to the mix – about 2/3 cup works well.
Keep in fridge to avoid stickiness.
2 cups dates
2/3 cups cashews (generous serving advised)
Coconut to roll
1/4 cup coconut + extra coconut for dipping
2 – 3 tablespoon cocoa
2/3 cup roasted oats
- Grind cashews and set aside.
- Pulse/process the dates in a food processor until they are pulpy and mushy (if you don’t have a good food processor, slightly steam dates and mash by hand).
- Give the food processor a rest, then add cashews *and coconut and cocoa* (more/less to taste) until well mixed.
- Scoop teaspoons full and roll into balls.
- Roll in coconut until well covered (i.e. no longer sticky).