Fresh Noodle and Vegetable Rolls
80 g rice vermicelli noodles
1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
1 medium cucumber, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
1/4 small Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves, whole
12 x 22 cm rice paper wrappers
Dressing / Sauce:
1/2 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup water
1 chili, halved and sliced (optional)
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add chili; bring to the oil.
3. Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pour sauce into a heatproof bowl; cool.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Soak noodles in boiling water in a large heatproof bowl for 5 minutes; stir to separate strands, then drain.
- Using scissors, cut noodles into shorter lengths.
- Place noodles in a large bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce.
- Add vegetables and herbs; toss to combine.
- To assemble rolls: place 1 sheet of rice paper in a medium bowl of warm water until just softened.
- Lift sheet from water carefully; place on a board covered with a clean tea towel.
- Place 1/3 cup of mixture across lower part of the wrapper, in a neat horizontal pile.
- Fold bottom end over, then sides, and roll up tightly.
- Place on a platter. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and vegetable filling.