Italian Tofu Balls
1 block of tofu (soft texture)
1 small onion cut into quarters
1/4 cup pecan nuts
2 slices of wholemeal bread
2 Tbsp wholemeal flour
1 Tbsp parsley
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp dried basil
- Put the above ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Form into the shape of a small ball, then place on a greased oven tray and bake 3/4 hour at 200°C, turning over at half time.
- Makes approximately 16. They should be nicely browned when ready.
- Serve on a bed of cooked spaghetti. Optional – steam silverbeet and mix through the spaghetti.
- For a tomato sauce to pour over the balls and spaghetti, heat two cans of savoury tomatoes adding additional chopped onion if desired.
- Sprinkle the top with finely chopped parsley and serve it as a complete meal.