Lentil and Vegetable Lettuce Cups
Recipe courtesy of Sanitarium
1 cup red lentils, rinsed
1 ½ cups water
1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 spring onions, sliced
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped (optional)
12 lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted until golden in a frypan or under a grill
- Rinse the lentils, then place them with the water and soy sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to sit a further 5 minutes, covered.
- Place oil, ginger, garlic and vegetables in a large non-stick frypan and sauté over high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture to lentils and mix well. Cool for 5 minutes then stir through coriander.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves then sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.