Bread Crusted Tofu
From a recipe for Vegetarian Lifestyle Show – Hector’s Restaurant at Heritage Auckland – with Chefs Jinu Abraham and Leanne Boyes.
640g Tofu organic sliced (1cm thick)
50g Miso paste
8 slices white bread
- Marinate the tofu with miso paste.
- Make garlic butter with garlic, margerine and parsley.
- Spread the garlic butter on bread and stick it to the sliced tofu.
- Cut the edges of the bread and wrap the tofu with cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Hot a frying pan. Sear the tofu with bread side first and turn it on to the other side and cook for roughly 2 mins.