Carrot Cake | Courgette Cake
Which one do you like more, carrot cake or courgette cake?
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup currants
1 ½ cups grated carrot (or courgette)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup coconut cream
- Mix the dry ingredients together (except baking soda).
- Add oil, currants, and carrot/courgette.
- Dissolve baking soda in coconut milk and stir in. Add more coconut milk if necessary.
- Bake in greased tin for 45-55 minutes (until a knife or skewer comes out clean) at 180°C.
- Remove from oven and, as with all cakes, leave it to stand for five minutes before turning out.