Very Easy Red Lentil Soup
Very easy, quick and nutritious lentil soup. Packed with protein, fibre and iron. Ready in half an hour.
2 tbsp oil
2 large onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1¼ cup split red lentils
1 litre water
Juice of half a lemon (to taste)
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Saute onions and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Add cumin and stir for a minute.
- Add water and lentils and simmer until lentils are mushy (20-30 minutes). Or, if you’re feeling lazy, just throw the whole lot in the pot and simmer.
- Stir briskly until soup is smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.