Oil to fry with
1 medium onion finely diced
3 teaspoons cornflour
1 cup of water
1-3 tablespoons soya sauce
Pepper and salt to taste
- 1. Add oil to saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
- 2. Mix the cornflour in a little water in a cup until smooth. Then add remainder of water.
- 3. Put cornflour mixture in saucepan with onion.
- 4. Add soya sauce, salt and pepper to achieve desired colour and taste. Note: as the sauce thickens the colour will darken.
- 5. Stir until thickened. Then serve in sauce jug.