Potato Stir Fry
This simple recipe is perfect for the lockdown. The base of this meal is potato which lasts long at home and you can use pretty much any other ingredients you have at hand.
Make sure to include a good source of protein (like peas, nuts, tinned beans or tofu).
If you have healthy potatoes, do not peel them, just wash them properly – the skin is very healthy.
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and cubed (smaller the cube, the faster it cooks).
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- Oil for frying pan
- 1/2 capsicum diced
- 1/2 tin of beans / handful of cubed tofu
- Slivered almonds/pumpkin seeds/cashews
- 1 Tomato diced
- 6 sundried tomatoes diced
- Handful of olives sliced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- Frozen spinach (one cube)
- Handful of baby corn
If you add ingredients like tomatoes and beans that are wet you end up with a stir fry that’s more like a stew.
If you add drier ingredients it ends up more like a stir fry.
- Preheat frying pan with oil.
- Put cubed potato in, season, and fry. Then cover frying pan with lid.
- When potato is soft, remove lid.
- Add onions, capsicum, mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add other ingredients. Fry for a few minutes.
- Once cooked through serve.