- If you haven’t already, please make sure you read the guidelines/conditions of entry!
- Need some cool ideas? Check out our Project Ideas document below
- Thinking of shooting a short film? Check out our How To Make a Short Film guide below
- If you are sending a physical project, please use an Individual Postal Form (i.e. one student created the project) or a Team Postal Form (i.e. project was made by more than one student). PLEASE ONLY USE THIS FOR PHYSICAL PROJECTS THAT YOU ENCLOSE WITH THIS FORM.
- Online projects (e.g. videos, poems, speeches) should be submitted ONLINE through www.vegetarian.org.nz.
- If you are sending multiple projects, please make sure to include an entry form for each project and make sure they are labeled so we know which entry form belongs to which project.
- If you use music or actors in your short film, you’ll need to fill out the Supporting Forms too. If you haven’t referenced the facts you mention in your project, please fill out a reference form too. (However, you can include them in the credits in your short film; if you are submitting an essay, you can just write references in the essay; etc.).
Inspiration & ideas
Thank you for looking at this competition for your students. We know teachers are busy people, so we’ve provided some resources to help make this easy for you.
The THINK KIND competition is a great motivation for students. Every project will be rewarded with a prize and every participant will get a certificate. Here are some project ideas for teachers to choose from, or feel free to think up your own.
In Auckland we can also have an experienced speaker available – get in touch with us if you’d like to organise a school talk.
- Competition poster to display in the classroom/noticeboard etc.
- Project ideas document for some cool ideas.
- NZ Curriculum-based lesson plans
Need more ideas/help or having trouble entering the competition? Let us know about it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Think Kind_2022 Dog.pdf (3MB PDF)
- Think Kind_2022 Whales.pdf (1MB PDF)
- Think Kind lesson plan: Years 1-3 (317KB PDF)
- Think Kind_2022 Watercolour.pdf (6MB PDF)
- Think Kind_2022 Gorilla.pdf (532KB PDF)
- Think Kind_2022 Turtles.pdf (553KB PDF)
- Think Kind_2022 Sheep.pdf (1024KB PDF)
- Think Kind lesson plan: Years 4-7 (195KB PDF)
- Think Kind project ideas (174KB PDF)
- Think Kind lesson plan: Years 4-6 (154KB PDF)
- Think Kind lesson plan: Years 8-11 (225KB PDF)
Q & A
Can homeschooled students enter the competition?
Can I enter multiple projects?
Do I have to be vegetarian to enter?
Can I submit a project that focuses on environmental protection?
Can my project focus on any animal?
Can I do a project on vegetarian athletes or other vegetarian heroes?
Can my project be exclusively about health & food?
When and how will I get a certificate?
When will I receive my gift?
If certificates and prizes are only awarded later in the year, why should I enter early?
I am a teacher and entering several projects. What are my options?
Free educational and fun resources – maze escapes, dot-to-dot discoveries, colour-in sheets and more! Check out our Think Kind Activity Sheets.