Cashew Nut Gravy
Everyone’s got to have gravy! Here’s a very tasty gluten-free vegan gravy recipe.
Cashews thicken the gravy and add a slight sweetness, as well as adding protein.
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 Tbs Braggs Liquid Aminos or GF Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs cornflour
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp savoury yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cashews (raw or roasted)
- Put all ingredients, except the cashews, into a saucepan and heat.
- Grind cashews in a coffee grinder and stir into mixture in saucepan.
- Cook until thickened.
- Alternatively, put all ingredients except one cup of water into a blender and blend until smooth (approximately 5 minutes). Put in pot with second cup of water and heat until thickened.