Hemp Seed Twisty Sticks
Photography by Fay McCormick, HempNZ™
Impress your friends and family with these tasty and easy-to-make twisty sticks. This recipe is perfect for a cheeseboard, antipasto platter, or for dipping. Change them up with whatever flavours you like, e.g. cumin seeds, parmesan, herbs, garlic, chili….
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Mix hemp hearts, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano in a medium bowl. In a separate container mix milk and oil. Add the wet to the dry and mix by hand until a dough is formed.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper to approx. 20 x 50 cm Cut into 36 pieces by cutting the slab in half and then cutting 18 x 1 cm strips out of each sheet. The pastry should be no more than ¼ cm thick.
- Twist each one, place on an ungreased baking tray, and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Turn and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days but we’re pretty sure you’ll eat them all on the first day!