Lemon and Ginger Immunity Booster Shots
Whip yourself up a zingy immunity boosting shot to help fend off winter colds and illnesses. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities found in ginger and turmeric help to lessen cold and arthritic symptoms. Lemon and oranges are loaded with vitamin C and aid in detoxification and pH alkalinization of the body. Hempseed oil is rich in healthy omegas and GLA, an omega-6 fatty acid that helps to reduce inflammation.
Photography by Fay McCormick, HempNZ™
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 thumb-sized piece of turmeric
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp hemp seed oil (for each shot)
- Roughly chop the turmeric and ginger, juice the lemon and the orange, and pop into your high speed blender.
- Whizz for 30 seconds on high.
- Strain through a nut milk bag, a fine mesh strainer or a clean tea towel.
- Divide between glasses, top each glass with a spoonful of hemp seed oil, and top with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge, although best consumed fresh!
- Freeze any left over pulp and use for smoothies later!