"Not just a party treat, these yummy rice crackles are fantastic for lunch boxes. With the added nutritious goodies of chia, sesame seeds, amaranth, quinoa and/or millet they are sure to please adults and children alike."
Refer to next section for ingredients.
1. Line a 30x20cm slice tin.
2. Gather your ingredients and measure the following into a large bowl:
- 3 cups rice puffs
- 1 cup millet, amaranth, or quinoa puffs
- ¼ cup chia seeds and sesame seeds
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
3. Set aside. Measure the following ingredients into a pot:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut oil + a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup honey, brown rice, or golden syrup
- ½ cup unrefined cane sugar
4. On medium-high heat melt together while stirring gently, then bring to a steady boil for three minutes. Working quickly, pour the bubbling mix into the bowl with the puffs and mix well. Scrape into the lined tin and press down flat as you can with the back of a spatula. To get it really flat I like to then go over it with one of the kid’s mini rolling pins.
5. Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into bars before it’s totally cold. Store in a baking tin or an airtight container.