This is classic, comfort food. Quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups mashed potato (for a healthier option leave the potato skins in the mash)
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 415g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 can of savoury lentils/beans/vegetarian mince
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until the onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, bring to the boil.
- Add the peas, lentils (beans or vegetarian mince) and parsley and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture into a casserole dish.
- Spread the mashed potato on top. Bake at 200oC for 20 minutes.