Vegan Feta Cheese
It’s fairly easy to substitute feta cheese in vegan recipes using marinated tofu. There are so many recipes you can choose from – you may want to think about what are you going to use the cheese for and pick a marinade that fits that particular recipe best.
This is a simple marinate that would suit well for a vegan Greek Salad.
Other tasty ingredients you could consider adding to a tofu marinade to make Feta:
- nutritional yeast
- white miso taste
- crushed garlic
- olive oil
- onion powder
- olive brine juice from a jar of olives – we recommend kalamata
- other herbs such as basil or thyme
So many options, right?
In certain salad recipes it’s fine to have crumbled ‘cheese’ so you could break up your tofu into small cubes – it helps to marinade faster too.
- 200g firm tofu
- 50ml lemon juice
- 100ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs oregano
- Salt to taste
- 100ml water to cover the tofu
- Press the tofu to remove moisture
- Cut the tofu into cubes
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a container, add the tofu and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. It will taste better if you marinate it for overnight.