Bread Crusted Tofu
This recipe is from the Vegetarian Lifestyle Show (Hector’s Restaurant at Heritage Auckland). Presented by Chefs Jinu Abraham and Leanne Boyes.
- 640g tofu organic sliced (1cm thick)
- 50g miso paste
- 8 slices white bread
- 80g margarine
- 20g garlic
- 20g parsley
- Marinate the sliced tofu with miso paste.
- Make garlic butter with garlic, margarine and parsley.
- Spread the garlic butter on bread and stick it to the sliced tofu.
- Cut the edges of the bread and wrap the tofu with cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Heat a frying pan. Sear the tofu with bread side first and turn it on to the other side and cook for roughly 2 mins.