Chickpea Risoni Soup
This recipe is courtesy of Sanitarium.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- 125g green beans (or peas), cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 425g can chickpeas
- ½ cup risoni pasta
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add vegetables and sauté. Add oregano.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir through chickpeas and risoni. Simmer a further 10 minutes.
- To serve season with salt (if desired) and garnish with chopped fresh basil.