Diana's Quick Risotto
Recipe by Diana Moore as part of our request for quick and easy recipes – if you have one you would like to contribute we would love to share it on our website.
- 1 cup of short or medium grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp heaped of vegetable stock powder
- 1 Tbs of soy sauce
- Cracked pepper and a pinch of salt
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 diced red capsicum
- 1 sliced spinach or silverbeet
- 1 grated courgette
- 1 handful of sultanas or raisins
- 1/2 cup of beans or diced tofu (optional for added protein)
- Combine rice, water, vegetable stock, soy sauce, cracked pepper, salt and bring to a boil on the highest heat.
- Add carrot, capsicum, spinach, courgette and sultanas to rice and stir.
- Add beans or other protein to rice and stir.
- Replace pot lid and turn off heat and let it sit for 10-12 minutes.