Greek – Kolokithakia Tiganita
Vegetarianism is growing rapidly in New Zealand, but other parts of the world have had meat-free cuisines for centuries. For a rich and varied plant-based diet, talk to Chinese, Indians, Mexicans… Our wonderful volunteers have shared authentic recipes from around the world. Most of these recipes were traditionally vegan, but some were meat-based recipes that have been ‘veganised’. We have collected 31 recipes from 31 different countries to share with you – one for each day of October, World Vegetarian Month.
Here is a recipe from Greece. Thanks Julia for the recipe.
- 2 large zucchini’s (courgettes)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Cut zucchini into slices.
- Mix salt and pepper into flour.
- Dip each slice in flour mixture, until fully covered.
- Fry zucchini slices in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauces.