Korean - Kimchi Hot Pot and Tofu Soup
Vegetarianism is growing rapidly in New Zealand, but other parts of the world have had meat-free cuisines for centuries. For a rich and varied plant-based diet, talk to Chinese, Indians, Mexicans… Our wonderful volunteers have shared authentic recipes from around the world. Most of these recipes were traditionally vegan, but some were meat-based recipes that have been ‘veganised’. We have collected 31 recipes from 31 different countries to share with you – one for each day of October, World Vegetarian Month.
Thanks to Sarah Lin for this South Korean recipe.
- 2 cups of water
- Half a block of soft tofu cut to cubes
- 2 Tbs of vegan kimchi - this can be purchased in supermarket or Asian supermarket
- A bit of salt
- White pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- Chopped spring onion for garnish or coriander
- Bean sprouts (optional)
- Bring to boil, cook it for a few minutes until everything at desired consistency.
- Some people like bean sprouts in there, so you can add that too!