Risoni Pasta Salad
From “Home Tried Favourites” published by the NZ Vegetarian Society and available in our bookshop.
The salad needs to stand for an hour after making.
- 1 cup Risoni pasta (dry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or sultanas
- 16 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 70g pine nuts, toasted
Dressing / Sauce
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbs oil
- Cook pasta as per instructions on packet, with added salt.
- Drain, rinse and put into serving bowl.
- Add the raisins, mint leaves, capsicum and carrot.
- Dry roast the pine nuts.
- Mix through the dressing. Stand to let flavours blend through, for a minimum of one hour.
Serves 2 as a main 4 as a side dish.