Very Easy Red Lentil Soup
Very easy, quick and nutritious lentil soup. Packed with protein, fibre and iron. This recipe is from our Home Tried Favourites Recipe Book.
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1¼ cup split red lentils
- 1 litre water
- Juice of half a lemon (to taste)
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Saute onions and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Add cumin and stir for a minute.
- Add water and lentils and simmer until lentils are mushy (20-30 minutes).
- Stir briskly until soup is smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.