Broccoli Cranberry Salad
A crunchy, tasty salad that’s perfect for a summery Christmas lunch.
The cranberries give a hint of Christmas.
This recipe is from our Home Tried Favourites recipe book, available from our shop.
You can use our recipe for a dairy-free, egg-free mayonnaise or try plain soy yoghurt instead.
Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse full of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. One cup of broccoli contains 2.6g protein, 2.4g fibre and 81.2mg vitamin C (135% of your daily needs).
- 3 heads of fresh broccoli, raw
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds, roasted
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 4 Tbs lemon juice/cider vinegar
- 1 cup creamy mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs sugar, optional
- Make this 24 hours before you require the salad.
- Chop the raw broccoli, spring onions and cranberries very finely. Place in serving bowl.
- Put dressing ingredients into a ‘shaker’ and mix well. If it is too thick, add a little more liquid.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, stir through, and refrigerate 24 hours, stirring from time to time. This allows the raw broccoli to soften.
- Immediately before serving, stir through the roasted slivered almonds and sunflower seeds.